Research reveals convincing evidence that youth involved in our programs transferred life skills to multiple settings and learned and used life skills through the game of golf. Our curriculum, combined with trained educators, empowers participants with a set of skills that prepares them for a lifetime of new challenges.
Since 2004, First Tee has been integrating the First Tee School Program into PE classes across the country. We’ve equipped educators at elementary and middle schools with our curriculum built around the game of golf, while positively impacting kids through both the game and its inherent ability to improve social-emotional learning (SEL) skills. We work with the school to identify funding opportunities, such as sponsors or donations.
This program aligns with national physical education standards developed by the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) and is designed to allow physical educators the ability to adjust lessons to fit their specific teaching situations in terms of class size, time, and facility type.
First Tee School Program gives physical educators all the tools to get started. We provide the training, equipment, and lesson plans that integrate life skills and values with the game of golf and motor skills. We have an online community for teachers and youth leaders delivering our program, providing access to the curriculum, resources, and connections with peers delivering the program around the country.
Our School Program is made possible thanks to our friends at
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Engage students in daily lesson activities that lead to development of basic golf motor skills
- Show students that golf can be a great lifelong recreation and health-enhancing activity.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.
Ready to Get Started?
To learn more about implementing this program in your area, contact us below and we will be in touch with more information.